Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeffrey Lage <jl...@imsi.com> on 2004/09/23 21:39:22 UTC

Tomcat Repeatedly Hangs.

There are any number of postings on this forum about tomcat hanging, but as
I think that my situation may be a little different, I am going to post
again.

I have tried this on the following environments and get similar results:

    tomcat 5.0.19 on OS X (10.3)
    tomcat 5.0.28 on OS X (10.3)
    tomcat 5.0.19 on Redhat Enerprise Linux 2.1 (Panama)
    tomcat 5.0.28 on Redhat Enerprise Linux 2.1 (Panama)

My webapp using tomcat in standalone mod.  It am using struts 1.1.  I am
also connecting to a MSSQL database using the JDBC drivers from MSFT.

Randomly, and very very frequently, tomcat becomes unresponse and had to be
killed with kill -9.  I have other web apps running on the same tomcat
installations that do not behave this way.

Any help would be great.
-Jeff

Jeffrey A. Lage | International Fund Services (IFS)
12 E. 49Th. St. | 35Th Floor | New York | NY | 10012
(V) 212.899.5519 | (M) 201.344.4442