Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org> on 2005/07/04 16:23:50 UTC

Murphy on Cocoon

"I have one overwhelming reaction to the difference between Cocoon
then, and Cocoon now. Fundamentally it seems to have evolved from
science experiment to professional product - there is now a clarity of
purpose and design simplicity that promises to make it a joy to work
with."
[...]
"I haven't downloaded and started up the new Cocoon technologies yet,
but it's clear from the documentation, demonstration sites, and sample
code that they've gone in the opposite direction: from a scattergun
agenda including ritual bowing to market realities (like com) to a
clear focus on doing one job as well as possible at each stage in a
pipelined processing framework. Looking at it, I'd guess Doug McIlroy
in particular, but also Thompson, Ritchie, and the other original Unix
creators, would be proud to see one of their core ideas carried forward
and expressed so well in a working application."

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/index.php?p=362

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei