Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by da...@safelayer.com on 2000/06/23 13:55:22 UTC

testxslt.exe crashes

Hello, I am having problems when running your Xalan software. The
testxslt.exe crashes when I try to run it. I have carefully read all the
information in your web site and I do not know what else to do.

I downloaded the file at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/dist/Xalan-C_0_30_0-win32.zip and
uncompressed it. I appended the path to the Release directory where the
testxslt.exe program and DLLs reside to the PATH environment variable. In
section "What do you need to run the Xalan command -line utility" at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/getstarted.html#download it says that there
must be 8 Xalan DLLs, plus 1 more DLL (the xerces-c_1_1.dll). Well, there
is one DLL missing, the XalanDOM.dll file was not present in the .zip file
that I uncompressed... is it really required?

My Pentium III computer is running Windows Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack
3). I open an MS-DOS window and change to the 'docs' directory which
contains an .XML file. If I execute the command "testxslt.exe" (without
any parameter) then it shows the command line options on screen, so I
think that there are no DLLs missing since it would otherwise warn me at
that moment. But when I execute the command "testxslt.exe -IN xslt4c.xml"
or "testxslt.exe -IN http://localhost/xalan/xslt4c.xml" ('xalan' is a
virtual directory I defined in my web server) then it produces a memory
access violation and windows stops the execution.

Your web site also talks about running some samples at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/samples.html. I do not have these samples
either, they were not present in the package. Does the information in your
web site match the .zip contents. Are there any other .zip distribution
files besides the one at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/dist/Xalan-C_0_30_0-win32.zip (I was not
able to find any other)?

Thank you very much,