Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "David J. Palaitis" <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/11 14:31:22 UTC

Running a Marathon Task on every active slave

I'd like to have Marathon keep a single, running instance of my command on
every active slave in the cluster. Is it possible?

Re: Running a Marathon Task on every active slave

Posted by "Heller, Chris" <ch...@akamai.com>.
If you are OK with a fixed number of slaves. You could set the number of
instances equal to the number of slaves, and then set the constraints of the
job to: "constraints": [[ "hostname", "UNIQUE" ]].

-Chris

From:  Leigh Martell <le...@immun.io>
Date:  Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 8:56 AM
To:  "user@mesos.apache.org" <us...@mesos.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Running a Marathon Task on every active slave

Hey David,
  Yes"ish" from my understanding with the host name constraint(to restrict 1
per host) you can do this but you will need prior knowledge of the amount of
slaves. Here is my reference
https://mesosphere.github.io/marathon/docs/constraints.html

Hope that helps!

-Leigh