Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Onur Tokan <ot...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/05 13:15:03 UTC

HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Hi,

Is there anyone tried to embed Ajax into HtmlDataTable? I'am using
HtmlDataTable with paging and scrooler controls on it and I want to
implement it by using ajax. Any 3rd party component works. Any
suggestion?

Regard,

Onur

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Onur

> it automatically updates it's data from the server after a certain time-frame.

a nice use case for this component can be a page, where a user has a
list of stocks he is observing.

-Matthias

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, the updateDataTable is AJAX-enabled - but in a different way
from what you want.

it automatically updates it's data from the server after a certain time-frame.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Onur Tokan <ot...@gmail.com>.

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi,

i wrote this before:

> If you checkout the sources you can enable ajax in the
> tobago-config.xml
> of the tobago-examples-demo. The sources are currently in incubator:
>
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tobago/trunk/ tobago

just replace

  <enable-ajax>false</enable-ajax>

with

  <enable-ajax>true</enable-ajax>

in file

tobago-example/tobago-example-demo/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tobago-config.xml

Regards,
  Volker

--
Don't answer to From: address!

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
:-)

Onur Tokan schrieb:
> Hi Volker,
>
> I've look at the demo of dataSheet you implemented. It's exactly what
> I'm trying to do. I think you chaged the sheet component of tobago to
> enable ajax. Is the source code of this component avaible? Do you
> think of contribute back to tobago?
>
> Regards,
>
> Onur
>
> On 1/5/06, Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I saw you implemented scrolling by clicking on an image.
>>
>>Have thought about ajax-scrolling, by using the mouse wheel button? :-)
>>
>>-Matthias

>>>Yes it's an old system :-( (Pentium II, 300MHz, 128MB).
>>>And a slow uplink also.
>>>
>>>And there was a bug left in Ajax so i need to redeploy some times, to
>>>check and fix this, so maybe the container needs to recompile the jsps
>>>to serve your request.
>>>
>>>But now it's fixed and the ajax enabled sheet and tabgroups should work.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>  Volker

>>>--
>>>Don't answer to From: address!
>>>To contact me direct create the mail address by
>>>concatenating my forename to my senders domain.
>>>

>>--
>>Matthias Wessendorf
>>Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
>>50674 Köln
>>http://www.wessendorf.net
>>mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

--
Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Bohmann - Atanion GmbH - Software Development
Bismarckstr. 13, 26122 Oldenburg, http://www.atanion.com

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi Onur,

if you are interested in using this component, (i wrote how to get it in
the other mail) than you are bind to tobago, because it's not possible
to combine tobago components with other jsf libraries.

see: http://tobago.atanion.net/site/faq.html#tobago/myfaces%20extension

so you may have a look at the ajaxanywhere solution mentioned by Werner:

http://ajaxanywhere.sweetdev-labs.org:8080/ajaxAnywhereDemo/facesFrame.jsp

Regards,
  Volker

--
Don't answer to From: address!

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Onur Tokan <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Volker,

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi Matthias,

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> I saw you implemented scrolling by clicking on an image.
>
> Have thought about ajax-scrolling, by using the mouse wheel button? :-)

no, i haven't thought about this, but i like the idea.

Maybe i can integrate something like this.

Regards,
   Volker

--
Don't answer to From: address!

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
nice stuff Volker :-)

but a bit slow isnt't it?

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi Onur,

currently ajax is not enabled as default, it needs more testing before
doing so.

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Onur Tokan <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
No.

that doesn't work - I mean it's not built in ;)

regards,

Martin

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Volker Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Werner Punz wrote:
>
>>Volker Weber wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

>>>Did you mean the autoupdatedatatable?
>>

>>Yes..
>>

>>>Could the autoupdate disabled and the paging and sorting actions made by
>>>ajax requests?
>>>If so the example should extended to show this also.
>>>

>>I am not sure, but I guess not (I have not checked it out yet )
>

> I think this is where Onur was looking for.
>

>>What you want to achieve is achievable simply via ajax anywhere, there
>>also is a demo on the site which showcases this.
>

> Can you post a link?

Ajax anywhere of course:
http://ajaxanywhere.sourceforge.net

there is a jsf/myfaces demo somewhere on that site exactly doing that
stuff Onur is looking for.

As for the auto updetable datatable it can be found of course in the
myfaces svn under the sandbox subproject codewise and there is a demo on
www.irian.at

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi,

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi,

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Onur Tokan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone tried to embed Ajax into HtmlDataTable? I'am using
> HtmlDataTable with paging and scrooler controls on it and I want to
> implement it by using ajax. Any 3rd party component works. Any
> suggestion?

There is one in the sandbox...

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well,

there are interesting propositions for custom lifecycles in JSF1.2.
We'll see what comes from there.

regards,

Martin

Re: HtmlDataTable with Ajax