Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by René Stolle <st...@posteo.de> on 2019/08/28 18:49:45 UTC

non-serializable objects to feed a DropDownChoice

Hello there,

my domain classes are mostly not serializable. Making use of
LoadableDetachableModels I have no problems execpt of one situtation: I
couldn't find an easy solution to place a list of domain objects in a
DropDownChoice without getting serialization issues. The examples I
found ignore this problem and I have only a pretty complicated work
around. My domain classes have an id of type long (serializeable), which
I use in my solution. This works, but the code confuses me everytime I
have to touch it.

My question now, how is this done the "wicket way" ? Is there an elegant
solution out there?

René

Re: non-serializable objects to feed a DropDownChoice

Posted by Francois Meillet <fr...@gmail.com>.
Why don't you use a pojo that could be a simplified view of your domain class (dto) ?

François

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Is there a problem in using LoadableDetachableModel<List<YourEntity>> for
the DropDownChoice ?

Use this constuctor:
public DropDownChoice(String id, IModel<T> model, IModel<? extends List<?
extends T>> choices, IChoiceRenderer<? super T> renderer)