Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> on 2013/03/19 12:32:19 UTC

How to use in osgi

Hello,

I've read the page:
http://activemq.apache.org/osgi-integration.html

I'm trying to use activemq-osgi in Apache Sling, which uses Apache Felix for its osgi container. I only want to use it to create Producers/Consumers and Publishers/Subscribers. The apachemq server is running somewhere else.

First, I tried just using it as a dependency:
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
                <artifactId>activemq-osgi</artifactId>
                <version>5.8.0</version>
            </dependency>

However, when I try:
        ConnectionFactory factory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(brokerURL);

I get dependency errors somewhere inside activemq:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.j2ee.statistics.Stats not found by iarpa-messaging [115]

This is the same dependency problem I get with activemq-core.

Out of curiosity I installed the achivemq-osgi jar into Felix and it activated successfully but it doesn't seem to provide any osgi services.

When I user activemq-all (instead of activemq-core and activemq-osgi) I successfully send and receive messages. However, activemq-all interferes with slf4j and so I can't see log messages. activemq-all also messes up my exports for the bundle.

Does anyone have experience with these issues?

Can I use activemq-osgi and include something else for the missing dependencies?

Rob

Re: How to use in osgi

Posted by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com>.
Ok, after adding to my pom:

            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.management.j2ee</groupId>
                <artifactId>javax.management.j2ee-api</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
                <artifactId>jta</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>
            </dependency>

I've now got activemq-core successfully producing/consuming activemq messages inside apache sling.

Rob

Re: How to use in osgi

Posted by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com>.