Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Franz Werfel <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 09:00:42 UTC

Re: project vitality? / less documentation is more!

Hello,

Just my 2 cents: the "Intranet crawl" functionnality is VERY confusing.

If it was just taken out of the tutorial, and out of the set of
commands, that would actually help A LOT: I understood many many
things about Nutch once I tried so-called whole-web crawling, where
one has to use every command one at a time. And that would also
eliminate all the questions about "how to recrawl", etc.

Or maybe a change of name would be enough: "Intranet crawl" could be
called "fast-setup crawl", and "whole-web crawling", "serious crawling
for Intranet or whole-web projects".

What do you think?

Thanks, Frank.

RE: project vitality? / less documentation is more!