Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/06/02 20:57:26 UTC

[FlexJS] FlexJS World Tour: Next Stop - ???

First, a big thank you to those who helped plan and participate in the
first FlexJS World Tour event in San Francisco this past April.

Since we've been using the term "World Tour", I guess we need to have an
event in at least one other geographic region.  I'm based in Seattle and
July/August are the best (although most expensive) months to visit there.
Anybody interested in a Seattle event this summer?

It is also possible for me to go to Europe this fall.  ApacheCon EU is in
November in Spain, but if I'm going over there, I'd prefer to go in late
September or October, bring my family and tour a bit while the weather is
nicer.  I might be able to dig up an Adobe sales office to host the event
although I think another PMC member might get his company to host the
event.  Anyway, let's discuss locations and ranges of dates in this thread
and see if we can find a time and place that will work for most folks.

Thanks,
-Alex

AW: [FlexJS] FlexJS World Tour: Next Stop - ???

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

My company would be glad to do so and we have the ability to host such an event (in Frankfurt).

But I want the Maven migration to be finished first. Because without being able to build with that for me FlexJS is just a technology preview.

We are on a good track but I especially need help with the verification that Maven is doing things right.

Chris

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJS World Tour: Next Stop - ???

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/6/16, 9:47 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am interested in a Seattle event during the summer, and I'd be happy to
>speak.

OK, let's see if we can get a few folks to indicate interest in attending
a Seattle event in July/August.  Please indicate if you plan to attend in
person or on-line.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/7/16, 6:22 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think we have a restriction on doing an event within two weeks of
>ApacheCon.

Well, the restriction is actually 3 weeks, but first, our small event
would have to be considered "big" enough for someone to actually care.
But because someone might care, it would be safer to plan outside that
window, but then 3 weeks is too long for me to hang around the EU to
attend both.  One option is to make the World Tour stop a part of
ApacheCon, but then I don't think we can make it a free event.

Right now, the best windows for travel for me would be last two weeks of
September, and maybe last two full weeks of October where the week of
October 17 is outside the 3 week restriction.  How do other's travel
schedules look?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
I can't do July 1-5 or July 21-25.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 6/6/16, 11:03 AM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I think we should do both!  Two speakers for a one day event followed by a
> >hands on training session would be really cool.  If Alex can make it to
> >both, then we have 2 speakers already for both venues.
> >
> >(There is an outside chance I can make it to Seattle depending on when
> >exactly the date is)
>
> What dates can't you make it in July and August?  Bring the whole family!

Our second baby is due in late July.  I'm guessing july and august is out
for me.  Please schedule it as per your (or actual attendees)  I will try
to get away for a day trip, if possible.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.