Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rakesh Garishakurthi <ra...@sun.com> on 2001/12/18 15:10:20 UTC

Is it a problem with web interface to deploy a SOAP service.

Hi,
I have developed a soap client to access EJBs(stateless and stateful)
using Apache EJB PluggableProvider class. I could access the EJBs
successfully when I deployed the soap service using
"DeploymentDescriptor.xml" file, but I failed when I did the same with
soap/admin.html (web interface).
My DeploymentDescriptor.xml file is given below,

 <isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
              id="urn:ShoppingCart">
   <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatefulEJBProvider"
                 scope="Session"
                 methods="create">
     <isd:option key="JNDIName" value="ejb/CartEJB"/>
     <isd:option key="FullHomeInterfaceName"
value="soap.cart.ejb.CartHome" />
     <isd:option key="ContextProviderURL" value="" />
     <isd:option key="FullContextFactoryName"
value="com.netscape.server.jndi.RootContextFactory"/>
   </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>

 </isd:service>

I am working on iPlanet Application Server.  I donot want to use iiop:
....   as the ContextProviderURL. I am using our default one(" ").
Can some body tell me why it is not working when I use web-based SOAP
service deployment. Is it a bug. Please help me.

Thanks,
Rakesh.