Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Owen D Burroughs <OW...@uk.ibm.com> on 2003/03/27 11:23:42 UTC

Warning and Info messages

Indirectly related to the issue below, what do people feel about the
current WSIF warning/info messages? I think that we should stop having a
warning message when mulitple providers are found for the same namespace
and instead simply use Trc.event to record the information.

Comments/views?

Owen

|         |           Anthony          |
|         |           Elder/UK/IBM@IBMG|
|         |           B                |
|         |           27/03/2003 08:11 |
|         |           wsif-user        |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsif-user@ws.apache.org                                                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  Re: Exception when axis.jar is included                                                                                          |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

Hi Tony,

This looks like a similar problem to one you had some time ago where the
thread contextClassLoader is null. You could try adding the following
before you get the WSIFPort:

    if (Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() == null) {
        ClassLoader cl = getClass().getClassLoader();
        Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(cl);
    }

If you try this and it does resolve the problem, but you think WSIF should
be handling this for you could you reply to wsif-dev so it can be
discussed?

Thanks,

       ...ant

Anthony Elder
ant.elder@uk.ibm.com
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

"Chen, Tony" <To...@jdedwards.com> on 26/03/2003 18:11:26

Please respond to wsif-user@ws.apache.org

To:    wsif-user@ws.apache.org
cc:
Subject:    Exception when axis.jar is included

Hi,

I do the following to get a port so that I can call createOperation() on
it.

        WSIFServiceFactory factory = WSIFServiceFactory.newInstance();
        WSIFService service = factory.getService(definition, service,
portType);
        WSIFPort port = service.getPort();

Everything has been working fine until I had to add axis.jar to the
classpath for other functionality. Now I am getting this warning and then
an
exception:

[WARN] wsif - -WSIF0006W: Multiple WSIFProvider found supporting the same
namespace URI 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/'. Found
('org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apachesoap.WSIFDynamicProvider_ApacheSOAP,
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFDynamicProvider_ApacheAxis')

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.wsif.util.WSIFProperties$1.run(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.wsif.util.WSIFProperties.getProperty(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.wsif.util.WSIFPluggableProviders.isDefaultProvider(Unknown
Source)
 at
org.apache.wsif.util.WSIFPluggableProviders.chooseProvider(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.wsif.util.WSIFPluggableProviders.getProvider(Unknown
Source)
 at
org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFServiceImpl.createDynamicWSIFPort(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFServiceImpl.getPort(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFServiceImpl.getPort(Unknown Source)

Before I dig any deeper I wonder if anyone has seen this before and if
there
is a known solultion? Thanks.

Tony