Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeremy Hansen <je...@skidrow.la.INVALID> on 2022/06/29 09:27:15 UTC

Enable available CPU security flaw mitigations

Enable available CPU security flaw mitigations.

I noticed this while digging around in virt-manager. How would I enable this as a default for all VMs in Cloudstack?

Thanks
-jeremy

Re: Enable available CPU security flaw mitigations

Posted by Jeremy Hansen <je...@skidrow.la.INVALID>.
So there’s no way to change that?

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Jeremy Hansen <je...@skidrow.la.INVALID>.
So I was able to figure out how to specify cpu model and capabilities, but I’m not seeing a clear way to specify threads, which I would assume would be in the Compute Offerings, but I see nothing to that looks obvious reguarding threads.

From the specific vm config through virt-manager, I see:

Posted by Jeremy Hansen <je...@skidrow.la.INVALID>.
Thanks. Some of my kvm nodes are using fairly old cpu’s, so it may still apply.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,