Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jens <sm...@dzbank.de> on 2014/01/14 17:40:12 UTC

Message correlation with the JMS transport

Hi,

you may remember I've had problems with this on the client side before (and,
for the record, I still believe the current code is suboptimal, tying the
correlation method used to sync/async etc.), and I'm now fighting with this
on the server side as well.

I have a CXF service implementation that receives requests via
JMS/WebsphereMQ and sends replies back the same way. The logic in
JMSDestination is:

if (correlationId set) use correlationId as correlationId in the response
else use msgId as correlationId in the response

Now, my clients send messages with correlationId set but expect to receive
the msgId in the response. I have no control whatsoever over what the
clients send or expect, and I don't see any way to do what they want using
CXF. Is there?

Assuming there is no way to specify MsgIDAsCorrelID, can the request message
be modified in an interceptor before the destination gets to create the
response message? Is the JMSMessage available at that point?

Thanks,
Jens

Re: Message correlation with the JMS transport

Posted by Jens <sm...@dzbank.de>.
Jens wrote
> Assuming there is no way to specify MsgIDAsCorrelID, can the request
> message be modified in an interceptor before the destination gets to
> create the response message? Is the JMSMessage available at that point?

Okay, so an interceptor that erases the correlation ID from the received
request seems to do the trick.