Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 18:12:07 UTC

Ignite ML, DSL/Scripting (IGNITE-5065)

Hi all!

Currently I'm working on adding scripting support for Ignite
ML(IGNITE-5065). The basic idea is to provide possibility to create and run
some scripts with ML algorithms over Ignite cluster using Ignite ML API and
JS/Python as script language.

I’ve exchanged several thoughts with Alexey K., Ignite web console
maintainer and according to him it's okey to add this feature to web-console
module.

In this case we should add dependency to Ignite ML which require Java8.

On the other hand we could create new UI module for this purpose but it will
require additional time for development separate ml web console.

If anyone know addition pros/cons for both ways - please advise.

Thanks,
Yury Babak.

Re: Ignite ML, DSL/Scripting (IGNITE-5065)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Folks,

Isn’t it to early to dig into DSL implementation? I would take this path only after Ignite supports basic algorithms used for ML and predictive analysis so that people can use it somehow. Then depending on a feedback we might need to start on this task.

—
Denis

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.