Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Paul Collins <pa...@spectel.com> on 2002/11/08 17:46:48 UTC

New to ANT

Hi

I'm looking at some else's ANT script and I'm trying to identify what the following means:

<target name="compileRelease">
      <echo>compileRelease:</echo>
        <exec executable="nmake" dir="src" failonerror="true">
        </exec>
</target>

Any help here would be welcome

Paul Collins.
Release Engineer
mailto:paul.collins@spectel.com
http://www.spectel.com/

Spectel Limited,
21 Stillorgan Industrial Park,
Stillorgan,
Co. Dublin.
Tel: +353 1 2075600 ext: 5825
Fax: +353 1 2953740

Re: New to ANT

Posted by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>.
Since you are new to Ant, may I make two suggesions?

1. Read the manual. If you had done so, the task you
   asked about would have been very easy to understand.

2. Learn the difference between the ant USERS mailing list and
   the ant DEVELOPERS mailing list. This list you posted to
   is for discussion for aspects of the development of ant.
   I respectfully recommend you post questions about using ant
   to the ant users list. All the mailing lists are summarized
   at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

Good luck with Ant - it's a wonderful tool once you get to know
all it's details.

Re: New to ANT

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <le...@tiscali-dsl.de>.
This means that if you invoke for instance
ant compileRelease
then you will see compileRelease being echoed on the terminal,
then nmake will be invoked in the subdirectory src, and the ant build will
be stopped if nmake fails.
Yours