Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Collin Peters <co...@morpheusgroup.org> on 2004/02/23 23:48:25 UTC

embperl with Apache2 and mod_perl2

I am new to the scene and am trying to get embperl to run with Apache2
and mod_perl2 on Windows XP (w/ activestate perl 5.8).

I found the following posts:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/mod_perl_C1/embperl_F6/how_to_install_Embperl_with_Apache2_P50329/
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/mod_perl_C1/embperl_F6/binary_build_of_Embperl_for_Win32_Apache2_P50331/

These posts are dated 2003.  Are there any builds of embperl for the
above versions?  If not, what versions of apache/mod_perl/activestate do
I need?

Regards,
Collin Peters

Re: embperl with Apache2 and mod_perl2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I am new to the scene and am trying to get embperl to run with Apache2
> and mod_perl2 on Windows XP (w/ activestate perl 5.8).

On Windows Embperl only supports Apache 1 + mod_perl 1, because Apache 2
requires thread support and Embperl doesn't fully supports threads yet.
Threads will be supported in Embperl 2.1.

Gerald