Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@apache.org> on 2005/10/01 08:10:08 UTC

Re: Removing deprecated taglibs as BZ components

On 9/30/05, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/24/05, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>
> > Should we remove the deprecated taglibs from the list of Taglibs BZ
> > components so tickets don't get created, most (all?) of which will be
> > marked INVALID / WONTFIX anyway? WDYT?
>

> If possible, I'd prefer to see the Bugzilla components for those
taglibs be
> made read-only, rather than zapping them completely. I'm not sure what
> deleting a component does to existing issues marked with that
component, but
> I'd hate to lose the historical record.
<snap/>

Indeed, all records need to stay. Bugzilla group security seems to be at
product granularity [1], not sure if a similar route can be taken on a
per component basis. When we move to Silk, we should think about making
the Taglibs product editable by just the apache@org group.

It seems the component fields can contain HTML [2], so maybe be could,
for example, change a deprecated component from "Page Taglib" to
"<i>Page Taglib (deprecated)</i>".

I'll leave that to what you feel is appropriate here, since you will
probably be making that change ;-)

-Rahul

[1] http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/groups.html
[2] http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/components.html