Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by gh...@vsnl.com on 2002/03/07 21:22:50 UTC

suppress encoding="UTF-8" while serializing a DOM

Hi,

I am using following code to serialize a DOM to a byte stream or a file.

java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream byteStream = new java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();

	org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat outputFormat =
		new org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat(xmlDoc);

	org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer x =
			new org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer(
				byteStream,
				outputFormat);
		x.serialize(xmlDoc);

when it creates a byte stream or a file, it has following line;
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

For certain reasons, I want to suppress the words encoding="UTF-8"
I do not want the serializer to write above attribute.
How do I do it?

regards
Haresh

RE: suppress encoding="UTF-8" while serializing a DOM

Posted by Haresh Gujarathi <gh...@pn2.vsnl.net.in>.
Well, I am using XML serializer to serialize... into file/byte array.

there seems to be no control over the xml header (except for deleting)

-- haresh

Have you looked at the Xalan serializers as an alternative?

Rick Bullotta
CTO
Lighthammer Software (www.lighthammer.com)