Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com> on 2002/07/30 07:44:25 UTC

JDK 1.4, one more time

I needed to upgrade to 1.4 (to hopefully fix some JAAS classpath issues)

but ran into the standard problems. I searched the list, read the FAQ
(official & unofficial) but with my installation of the JDK 1.4.0_01 the

endorsed directory does not seem to have an effect. I wanted to know
if anyone has had any success with this mechanism. My particular problem

is with the SQL Extensions and the way the driver was loaded back in
D12.

TIA
John G

--
--------------------------------------
John Gentilin

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: JDK 1.4, one more time

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.
Sorry to say that it is the Windows platform that is causing me to bang
my head against the monitor.

IMHO, SUN should create the endorsed directory as part of the
installation and fill it with the "endorsed jars". Replacement would then
be a snap. rt.jar would remain to be the sun.* and java.* packages.

Regards
John G

RE: JDK 1.4, one more time

Posted by Linda Derezinski <li...@interfacecontrol.com>.