Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/23 11:26:32 UTC

Batch test server and java.rmi.server.hostname

JMeter nightly is currently failing to start the server process.

I think this is because localhost is not correctly defined on that host.

I'm wondering whether we can avoid this issue by forcing the Ant tests
to use 127.0.0.1
(by defining java.rmi.server.hostname)

Is there any reason to want to use anything else in the Ant tests?

Re: Batch test server and java.rmi.server.hostname

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 February 2017 at 22:13, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 February 2017 at 11:26, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> JMeter nightly is currently failing to start the server process.
>>
>> I think this is because localhost is not correctly defined on that host.
>>
>> I'm wondering whether we can avoid this issue by forcing the Ant tests
>> to use 127.0.0.1
>> (by defining java.rmi.server.hostname)
>
> Does not work; the rebind still fails.
>
> Not sure if this can be fixed by us; it may require Infra attention.

Fixed by adding the local hostname to /etc/hosts

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.