Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com> on 2010/10/11 10:41:01 UTC

Is there a Bug with JConsole for monitering TOMCAT 6.0.29 Running on Linux

Hi

Spec :

Java 1.5
WebApp : Tomcat 6.0.29
O/s  Win 2000 / Linux / Unix

Linux : 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Question :  Is there a  Bug with JConsole for monitering TOMCAT 6.0.29  Running on Linux ?

I am not able to  connect  TOMCAT 6.0.29  (on Linux, JDK1.5 )    with  JConsole (JDK 1.6  on windows )

Note :
Earlier I had configured the same for UNIX / Windows for JConsole  to Tomcat 6.0.14

with regards

N.S.Karthik

Re: Is there a Bug with JConsole for monitering TOMCAT 6.0.29 Running on Linux

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 13/10/2010 14:35, Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi
>
>>> through a firewall
>
> As I have already told u in the last mail
>
> 1) We do not have a Firewall

You said you did.

> 2) All our servers are available locally

I didn't understand that, apologies.

> 3) We have several UNIX /LINUX servers
>
> 4) From WIN 2000 server JKD6/jconsole I am able to connect to UNIX server
>    for Monitoring  TOMCAT 6.0.14
>
> 5) From WIN 2000 server JKD6/jconsole I am NOT able to connect to Linux
>    server for Monitoring  TOMCAT 6.0.29

What is the output from:

 netstat -tln

on both machines?

> Any more ideas would really help me  ..... :(?

I would still employ the listener below to ensure the port numbers are
predictable.

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

>> through a firewall

As I have already told u in the last mail

1) We do not have a Firewall

2) All our servers are available locally

3) We have several UNIX /LINUX servers

4) From WIN 2000 server JKD6/jconsole I am able to connect to UNIX server
   for Monitoring  TOMCAT 6.0.14

5) From WIN 2000 server JKD6/jconsole I am NOT able to connect to Linux
   server for Monitoring  TOMCAT 6.0.29

Any more ideas would really help me  ..... :(?

With regards
karthik

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

>> I'm not playing chase-the-answer with you

Nither am I , Replying as per u'r mail

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

On 11/10/2010 09:41, Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi
>
> Spec :
>
> Java 1.5
> WebApp : Tomcat 6.0.29
> O/s  Win 2000 / Linux / Unix
>
> Linux : 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> Question :  Is there a  Bug with JConsole for monitering TOMCAT 6.0.29  Running on Linux ?

None that I'm aware of.  Works for me.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.