Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com> on 2013/09/30 19:36:13 UTC

Using Lightning with Google Calendar | How to | Thunderbird

Occasionally on this list, someone asks about open source email &
calendar that can be used with OpenOffice.  Here are instructions for
using Google Calendar with Thunderbird.  You can use the Thunderbird
Add-Ons manager to install both Lightning and "Provider for Google
Calendar", instead of going to a web site and downloading the package.
This also works with the email program in Seamonkey, but Thunderbird
works better with OO.

https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar

Re: Using Lightning with Google Calendar | How to | Thunderbird

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
On 30.09.2013 19:42, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> A few years ago, OpenOffice.org used to work with Mozilla with the
> lightning project. It would be good to bring this code and integration
> ideas to other FLOSS PIM like KDE's Kontact and Evolution.
>
> That said, it would be nice to see how can better integration be achieved.
> OpenOffice API includes some libraries from Mozilla to manage their SSL
> certificate store for their digital signatures and connect to the XPCOM.
> http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/mozilla/module-ix.html

Please do not rely on this, it is based on very old parts of mozilla
code which is hard to even compile it on modern systems; we are not sure
currently how to proceed with that code because it is pretty
unmaintainable...

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
A few years ago, OpenOffice.org used to work with Mozilla with the
lightning project. It would be good to bring this code and integration
ideas to other FLOSS PIM like KDE's Kontact and Evolution.

That said, it would be nice to see how can better integration be achieved.
OpenOffice API includes some libraries from Mozilla to manage their SSL
certificate store for their digital signatures and connect to the XPCOM.
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/mozilla/module-ix.html

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM, James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>wrote:

> Occasionally on this list, someone asks about open source email &
> calendar that can be used with OpenOffice.  Here are instructions for
> using Google Calendar with Thunderbird.  You can use the Thunderbird
> Add-Ons manager to install both Lightning and "Provider for Google
> Calendar", instead of going to a web site and downloading the package.
> This also works with the email program in Seamonkey, but Thunderbird
> works better with OO.
>

> https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor