Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Miles Muri <mi...@circularlogic.ca> on 2005/12/24 05:25:04 UTC

Spamassassin debug - cont.

Sorry about that... pressed send before I had finished writing the
message.

regarding the debug output from the previous message, I have a few
questions:

1) is the // in the default rules dir normal? Where do I fix this?

2) network tests don't seem to be working, I tried this test
mentioned in the archives, and the surbl tests aren't happening:

saskatoon:~ mmuri$ echo -e "\n\nhttp://surbl-org-permanent-test-point-
munged.com" | spamassassin
         MISSING_DATE,MISSING_SUBJECT autolearn=no version=3.0.1

http://surbl-org-permanent-test-point-munged.com

What does this line in the debug mean? I assume it is related to the
lack of network tests...

debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x19250d8)
inhibited further callbacks

and why is it repeated 33 times? What do I do to fix it? (here's what
I have done so far: Net::DNS didn't seem to be installed, so I used
CPAN to get the latest version. amavisd.conf was changed to include
$sa_local_tests_only = 0 (there seem to be amavisd.conf files at /etc/
amavisd.conf and at /etc/spam/clamav/amavisd.conf - both have been
changed).)

3) this debug seems to be reading my local config and inserting
default values where none exist, how should I invoke the -D switch to
better debug at the sitewide level (I don't care about the user level
at this point.)

Miles Muri
miles@circularlogic.ca

Re: Spamassassin debug - cont.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> What does this line in the debug mean? I assume it is related to the
> lack of network tests...
>
> debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x19250d8)
> inhibited further callbacks

It is essentially meaningless and is a normal operating sign.  I believe it
has been removed or changed in the lastest source.

I'm not sure about the network tests, but that debug isn't related.  I saw
at the bottom of the debug that it had again chosen scoreset 0.  The clearly
means it knows it doesn't have network stuff enabled.  Do you maybe have the
'no network tests' option on the command line (sorry, I froget which letter
it is)?

        Loren