Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/03 17:32:02 UTC

Hadoop on PlanetLab nodes

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Hadoop  on PlanetLab nodes.

However, as far as I seen I need password less SSH login between master and slave nodes in Hadoop.
My
main problem is for planet lab nodes I have a privatekey I always use
when connect to planet lab nodes. I am using  ssh -i ~/.ssh/privatekey
user@planet_lab_node

Also, the username on planet lab nodes is different from the user name I have on my local cluster.

Is there any possibility to use hadoop on planet lab nodes ?

Any hints, suggestions or links will be valuable for me.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Hadoop on PlanetLab nodes

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 03/11/10 16:32, Grandl Robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to set up Hadoop  on PlanetLab nodes.
>
> However, as far as I seen I need password less SSH login between master and slave nodes in Hadoop.
> My
> main problem is for planet lab nodes I have a privatekey I always use
> when connect to planet lab nodes. I am using  ssh -i ~/.ssh/privatekey
> user@planet_lab_node
>
> Also, the username on planet lab nodes is different from the user name I have on my local cluster.
>
> Is there any possibility to use hadoop on planet lab nodes ?

I wouldn't rush to do it as their nodes are distributed with odd
networking -you get a wide cluster, not a fast one.

Better to try for cluster time on OpenCirrus, which does run Hadoop.

Re: Hadoop on PlanetLab nodes

Posted by Ian Holsman <ha...@holsman.net>.
to answer the 2nd part of your question.. how do I log on with a different
userID.
you can create a file called
.ssh/config

and in that you can specify the userID to use as a default, as well as other
parameters
for example:

I have the following set up for all hosts on example.com

 33 Host *.example.com
 34         Port 22
 35         Protocol 2
 36         Compression no