Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andre Arnold <An...@gmx.de> on 2009/07/17 19:16:19 UTC

JMS Point-to-Point Sampler - Timeout takes only numbers no strings

Hi,

A colleague of mine wondered about the JMS Point-to-Point Sampler's
behaviour. Shouldn't the Timout field in the Sampler be configurable
with variables (Strings) and not just take numbers. Is that a known bug
or a feature?

Re: JMS Point-to-Point Sampler - Timeout takes only numbers no strings

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/07/2009, Andre Arnold <An...@gmx.de> wrote:
> sebb schrieb:
>
> > On 17/07/2009, Andre Arnold <An...@gmx.de> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Hi,
>  >>
>  >>  A colleague of mine wondered about the JMS Point-to-Point Sampler's
>  >>  behaviour. Shouldn't the Timout field in the Sampler be configurable
>  >>  with variables (Strings) and not just take numbers. Is that a known bug
>  >>  or a feature?
>  >>
>  >
>  > What did you actually try? What errors did you get?
>  >
>  >
>  >>  For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >

> no errors, just tried to place some string like ${SOME_VAR} in the
>  timout-field.

OK, I see now.

>  I think my colleague wanted to parameterize his test through a csv file.
>
>  I just wondered if the field shouldn't take Strings instead of numbers only.

Yes, it probably should. Please file a Bugzilla enhancement request.

Re: JMS Point-to-Point Sampler - Timeout takes only numbers no strings

Posted by Andre Arnold <An...@gmx.de>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.