Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Malley <cm...@pixelzoom.com> on 2001/11/15 20:18:35 UTC

Tomcat 4.01 & SOAP 2.2 message-style services

I'm been using Apache SOAP 2.2 with Tomcat 3.2.3.
I recently upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.1 and my SOAP
message-style services have stopped working.  RPC-style
services still work fine, so I'm confident that I'm
installing my jar files in the correct place (ie,
$CATALINA_HOME/lib).

Has anyone else experienced this, know what the problem
might be?

Attached is the SOAP fault message that I'm receiving, which
indicates "no signature match" for my service method.
I also have a simple example that demonstrates the problem,
if that would help.  It's a service that echos whatever is
sent to it.  The service method has this signature:

 public void echo( Envelope env, SOAPContext req, SOAPContext res )
    throws IOException, MessagingException;

System & software info:
  Linux 2.2.12-20 kernel
  JDK 1.3.1_01
  Tomcat 3.2.3 and 4.0.1
  Apache SOAP 2.2
  IBM XML4J 3.2.1
  Java Activation Framework 1.0.1
  Java Mail 1.2

And since SOAP 2.2 doc doesn't include installation instructions
for Tomcat 4, I followed the instructions for Tomcat 3.2.

Thanks,

-Chris

--
Chris Malley
PixelZoom, Inc.             Voice: +1.303.494.8849