Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Turner, Ian (iant)" <ia...@sequent.com> on 2000/01/18 23:19:23 UTC

Apache and SSL...

With the release of the new export regulations last week and the
announcements from the Mozilla group and Sun-Netscape
Alliance today, any one have any opinions or thoughts on if it is or could be
possible to implement the Personal Security Manager (PSM) API into an Apache
module to provide SSL, S/MIME and PKI in Apache rather than using Apache-SSL
or OPEN_SSL?

Since the Mozilla group will make available the API and Sun-Netscape will be
making binary version of PSM available on the
web site for down load, this would make it easier for people to get an SSL
version of Apache.

Re: Apache and SSL...

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
"Turner, Ian (iant)" wrote:

> With the release of the new export regulations last week and the
> announcements from the Mozilla group and Sun-Netscape
> Alliance today, any one have any opinions or thoughts on if it is or could be
> possible to implement the Personal Security Manager (PSM) API into an Apache
> module to provide SSL, S/MIME and PKI in Apache rather than using Apache-SSL
> or OPEN_SSL?

a) Why would you want to do that?
b) S/MIME is for mail.

> Since the Mozilla group will make available the API and Sun-Netscape will be
> making binary version of PSM available on the
> web site for down load, this would make it easier for people to get an SSL
> version of Apache.

It would? How?

Cheers,

Ben.