Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by 付涛 <ta...@iflytek.com> on 2018/09/30 07:37:18 UTC

carbondata1.5 compatible with spark2.3.1

it seems that carbondata 1.5 will using spark2.3.2,so the spark2.3.1will be
deprecated。however,our online circumstance is based on spark2.3.1,and now we
are using carbondata1.5 master to test, and we find the effect of query is
good。we hope that carbondata1.5 shoud be compatibled with spark2.3.1,so that
our circumstance will not be affected。

Re: carbondata1.5 compatible with spark2.3.1

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
Hi:
   CarbonData community decide to support spark 2.3.2 only, because spark
2.3.1 has some critical issues. If you need to integrate spark 2.3.1 ,
please contact me on mailling list and I will told you how to do.

Re: carbondata1.5 compatible with spark2.3.1

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
Hi Sujith:
  Currently it can't compile with Spark 2.3.1 after merging PR#2779, because
Spark 2.3.2 has some interface changes, please see
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/2779

Posted by sujith chacko <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Carbon is compatible with both versions spark 2.3.1 and spark 2.3.2 .
but it will be always better to use more stable versions for online
deployment. Spark 2.3.2 has many blockers and data inconsistency issues
fixed including few security bugs.

Thanks,
Sujith