Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sean MacRoibeaird - Sun ireland - Solaris Software - Staff Engineer <Se...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/05/08 16:43:45 UTC

Net Accessor for Solaris

Hi,

I've ported Xalan-C & Xerces-c to Solaris 2.8 (SC5.0 C++ compiler). I am trying
to run the various XSL tests from the alphaworks site, but I forgot to build
Xerces-C to use a net accessor so that statements containing URLs can be parsed
by Xalan, e.g.

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">

Does anybody know of a libwww or alternative implementation for Xerces-C which
has been ported to Solaris?

Regards,

Sean
Sean MacRoibeaird
XML Technology Centre
Sun Microsystems,
East Point Business Park,
Dublin 3,
Ireland

Phone: x19173/+353 1 8199173
e-mail: sean.macroibeaird@ireland.sun.com

Re: Net Accessor for Solaris

Posted by Rahul Jain <ra...@jtcsv.com>.
> I've ported Xalan-C & Xerces-c to Solaris 2.8 (SC5.0 C++ compiler). I am trying
> to run the various XSL tests from the alphaworks site, but I forgot to build
> Xerces-C to use a net accessor so that statements containing URLs can be parsed
> by Xalan, e.g.
>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">
>
> Does anybody know of a libwww or alternative implementation for Xerces-C which
> has been ported to Solaris?

The latest (post Xerces-C 1.1.0) source code base has a native
socket based simple implementation which can access HTTP URL's.
If you are behind a firewall, then you will have to 'socksify'
your XML application for it work. In 'runConfigure', this NetAccessor
is the default choice under all Unix platforms. Under Windows,
the default setting in the project files in the repository is
still 'fileOnly'.

rahul