Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stuart Belden <SB...@bjc.org> on 2003/01/14 17:23:57 UTC

Role based psml - making panes not show up based on security

We're using Jetspeed b1 and Role based security.  Here's my situation:

Joe User signs up on our site and is assigned the "Valid" Role.  The Tab Pane layout psml for that role, default.psml, has a reference to CMSAdmin.psml which has a security-ref that requires the CMSAdmin role to view/customize, etc...  When Joe logs in, he sees the CMSAdmin tab though he does not have the CMSAdmin role.  If Joe clicks the CMSAdmin tab he gets "you do not have access to this portlet" for each portlet on the pane.  How do I make that tab not even appear?

Looking through the list archive it looks like this might have been resolved or made possible in b2 or b3.  Is this case, or is it possible in b1 and I'm just missing something? (likely :-)

Thanks,
stu