Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sann Maung <ya...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/10 04:54:40 UTC

FTP for Japanese file names

I am using FTP task to transfer the files using ant.
Under normal circumstances, it is working fine.
However, if the filenames are in Japanese characters,
(eg. Kanji) then it becomes an error and the file
transfer cannot continue.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="transferPut" basedir="." default="ftp">
<target name="ftp">
 <ftp server="xxx"
  userid="yyy"
  password="abcd"
  action="get"
  remotedir="/somedir/"
  newer="true"
  timediffauto="true"
  preservelastmodified="true">
  <fileset dir="../jpnGet/get/">
   <include name="download/**/**"/>
  </fileset>
 </ftp>
</target>
</project>

I thought that kanji needs UTF-16, so I tried to
change the encoding to UTF-16. It causes another
error. Looks like I am not allowed to define in
build.xml file as encoding UTF-16.

I am not sure. Can anybody suggest a way to do it?

Re: FTP for Japanese file names

Posted by Sann Maung <ya...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Kanji characters are not included in build.xml.

Only there are some file names with kanji characters
are included in some directory.

rgds,

Sann Maung

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.