Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2020/10/02 07:39:12 UTC

[roundtable] Lowering the barrier for contributions

Is Sling too bare? Are our samples not good enough? It seems like it's hard for potential new contributors to grasp what exactly Sling is about and how to start improving it.

Shall we describe which Sling Features you need to learn it, and which ones you can safely ignore at the beginning?

It looks like the high entry barrier is related to technical hurdles, not community ones.

Having showcases could help, examples of successful finished applications?