Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Cloud Udupi <ud...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/01 12:27:43 UTC

Redundant NFS Storage for ACS

Hi,
We are new to Apache CloudStack. We are looking for a Primary Storage (NFS
share) solution, where it does not fail because of single node failure. Is
there a way where I can use the NFS via any kind of clustering, so that
when one node fails i will still have the VM's working from another node
which is in ACS using the NFS cluster.

Has anyone done the Ceph Storage as NFS (NFS Ganesha) and used it for the
ACS on CentOS 7. Please share the steps so that we can look into it.

Basically we need a system that has:-
1. One single point IP address with the shared mount point being same.
2. NFS storage, as Apache CloudStack supports HA only with NFS.
3. I need to deploy around around 60 VM's for our application.

If NFS storage having the VM's goes down and not able to get back. How to
fix this, so that we can get back the VM's in running state.

Regards,
Mark.

回复: Redundant NFS Storage for ACS

Posted by li jerry <di...@hotmail.com>.
This scheme can trigger HA
If you can, please provide remote login information. I can check it for you.

Posted by Cloud Udupi <ud...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Can some one suggest for the NFS Primary Storage for ACS, that does not
goes off due to NFS host failure in CentOS 7.6

Posted by Cloud Udupi <ud...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerry,

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
You have to deploy HA NFS outside Cloudstack. CS doesn't care about storage
fault tolerance.

Gluster is fine (shared mountpoint), Ceph is fine too, HA Nfs can be
deployed with certain approaches or with proprietary appliances.