Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2016/01/16 20:07:21 UTC

Can I use PostgreSQL for other JDBC compliant database engine?

Hi,

The documentation page [1] sounds like it's a postgresql specific
interpreter, but I found an article [2] saying it's possible to use
with MySQL. The source [3] seems to use only JDBC standard API,
nothing specific for postgresql (yet), by the way.
So, should the interpreter be considered only for postgresql engine in
the longer term? Or is it just a matter of naming and so can we use it
for any other database? If it's the latter, why not renaming it to
something like sql interpreter instead?

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan

[1] https://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.5.5-incubating/interpreter/postgresql.html
[2] http://thedataist.com/tutorial-using-apache-zeppelin-with-mysql/
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/postgresql/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/postgresql/PostgreSqlInterpreter.java

Re: Can I use PostgreSQL for other JDBC compliant database engine?

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi Jongyoul,

Thank you so much for the PR link, which looks really constructive and
cooperative. You guys are the best!

Cheers,

Woonsan

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.