Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Don McClimans <dm...@IntiElectronics.com> on 2002/08/24 22:01:00 UTC

How to put date/time stamp into xalan output

I would like to put a date/time stamp into the output from my xalan xslt
script.

In msxml, I would use a short javascript or vbscript program to generate the
time string, embed that function into the xslt script, and use it from
there. I see nothing about using javascript or any embedded scripting in the
xalan docs -- am I missing anything?

I found one of the sample programs that uses an external function to do
this, but I would like to do this with a script which I run from the xalan
command line, and that doesn't appear to be possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Don McClimans