Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Thilina Manamgoda <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/15 13:38:35 UTC

CWL Service detail panel

Hi,

So last week i have been working on the cwl service panel. Here you can
have a peek how it's going to be shown in the workbench. link
<http://maanadevgsoc2016.blogspot.com/2016/06/adding-service-detail-panel.html>

These are the problems that i ran into :

1. I have changed the CWL activity such that the process of extracting
description is done in the activity itself

2. So all the processed informations are stored in the activity is it okay ?

3. .can we improve the look of panel ?

regards,
Thilina

Re: CWL Service detail panel

Posted by Thilina Manamgoda <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

 i will rename "Utility" to "CWLUtil". For coming week i will do testing
the plugin using these cwl tools
<https://github.com/common-workflow-language/common-workflow-language/tree/master/draft-3/draft-3>
as test subjects . Also make port name more suitable for taverna workbench
and adding Javascript exection ability to CWL UI plugin.

regards,
Thilina.

Re: CWL Service detail panel

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 21 June 2016 at 17:55, Thilina Manamgoda <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Or should i move processing code in CWL activity to another module and
> then use it in both cwl-activity and cwl-activity-ui ?

I discussed this in the GSOC call today with Thilina.

My take is that in Taverna 3 "style", the CWLActivity should only be
used by the taverna-engine during execution, and so
taverna-cwl-activity-ui should not be making lots of CWLActivity to
populate the Service Panel (most of them would not be added to a
workflow).

(In Taverna 2 the UI would manipulate the Activity directly, so it was
forced to have such a binding)

The Activity UI code obviously will need to share *some* code with the
Activity as they are doing similar stuff - for this we agreed to
rather put that in a shared "taverna-cwl-utilities" module that both
cwl-activity and cwl-activity-ui can depend on.  This is equivalent to
the taverna-wsdl-generic used by taverna-wsdl-activity.

See the merged:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-common-activities/tree/cwl-browse/taverna-cwl-utilities/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/cwl/utilities

This is where we could then add parsing of CWL ${expressions} or $imports.

Perhaps we should rename its "Utility" to "CWLUtil"  or just "CWL" ?

BTW - to avoid spaghetti compile dependencies the cwl-activity-ui
should move to taverna-workbench-common-activities git repository -
but for simplicity now this is on the "cwl-browse" branch of
taverna-common-activities ; let's do that move towards the end of
GSOC?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: CWL Service detail panel

Posted by Thilina Manamgoda <ma...@gmail.com>.
HI,

 This my cwlActivity implement :
https://github.com/ThilinaManamgoda/incubator-taverna-common-activities/blob/master/taverna-cwl-activity/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/cwl/CwlDumyActivity.java

1. is it wrong to do all process information related to Service detail
panel inside  the activity ? or should i make another module to hold those
code and import it in CWL Activity?

This is CwlContextualView class implement :
https://github.com/ThilinaManamgoda/incubator-taverna-common-activities/blob/master/taverna-cwl-activity-ui/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/cwl/ui/view/CwlContextualView.java

1. So in order to extract info related to service detail panel information
which are processed in CWLActivity is used. How can i use annotation to
solve this?.

Re: CWL Service detail panel

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.