Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Zalo Correa <za...@esgyn.com> on 2017/05/27 20:48:55 UTC

TRAFODION-2001 changes are ready for merge to Trafodion R2.2 baseline

The TRAFODION-2001 changes have reached the point where I believe it they are ready to merge to the Trafodion baseline as part of the Trafodion R2.2 objectives. So consider this a petition to the Trafodion developer community for approval to merge into the mainline code base.

To be clear, this is a substantial change to the Trafodion Foundation components and has a direct effect to the Trafodion configuration, installation, and operational capabilities. These changes establish a fundamental change going forward in that it will allow Trafodion to be more in line with the elasticity capabilities of the Hadoop stack.

I have attached the original email I sent a year ago along with a set of slides with a  summary these changes.

In addition, here is the pull request which contains the changes and Jenkins test results:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/1077

These changes do not complete the elasticity story, but implement the necessary infrastructure to complete the Trafodion elasticity story. So there is more to come such as support in the Python installation scripts, Cloudera Manager parcel installation, Ambary installation, the SQL engine, and other Trafodion component to take advantage of this capability.

If you have any questions please add them as comments in the JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2001) so that they can be captured and addressed. Also, you will find an updated document with more details in the JIRA.

Regards,

Zalo

Posted by Zalo Correa <za...@esgyn.com>.
The slides with a summary of the changes.

Zalo

Posted by Zalo Correa <za...@esgyn.com>.
It appears I cannot attach the slide, but you can find then as a document attached to the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2001

Zalo