Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Youssef Mohammed <yo...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/01 23:42:30 UTC

What is Fusion?

"Fusion runs JSR-168 Portlets inside of Jetspeed 1.6"

is that "Fusion" a componet, library developed outside J1 or what ?

Any useful info about it ?

Regards, Youssef

Re: What is Fusion?

Posted by Youssef Mohammed <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification.
Doest Fusion have another branch rather than the J1 in the CVS ?
Or you need only to pull the head from there and make the building
illustrated in the wiki page?
Does Fusion have a performance and/or stability hit on J1.6 and
therefore we have the two options :
1- build the normal speedy J1
2- build the J1 Fusion that could have some issues :)

Regards ,

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:36:45 -0800, David Sean Taylor
<da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> Youssef Mohammed wrote:
>

> > "Fusion runs JSR-168 Portlets inside of Jetspeed 1.6"
> >
> > is that "Fusion" a componet, library developed outside J1 or what ?
> >
> > Any useful info about it ?
> >
> Jetspeed Fusion was the code name I gave to the project to enable
> Jetspeed 1.6 with JSR 168 support. I guess the name has kind of stuck.
> Fusion leverages Jetspeed-2 components and pipelines to run JSR 168
> portlets inside of Jetspeed 1.6.
>
> There is a wiki page here to get you started building it
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/Fusion
>

> > Regards, Youssef
> >

> --
> David Sean Taylor