Posted to user@struts.apache.org by otsuka <t-...@ijk.com> on 2003/07/19 15:55:02 UTC

File Upload with Mac IE

I made a web application using struts which enables users to upload image
files.
When files are submitted with Mac IE 5, the exception below occured.
With Mozilla or any browsers for Windows, it will work fine.

What is the cause and how can I solve this problem?

500 Servlet Exception

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
multipart/form-data
request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
  at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.jav
a:429)
  at
org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(Common
sMultipartRequestHandler.java:233)
  at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1209)
  at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j
ava:821)
  at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)
  at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
  at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:165)
  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
  at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:9
6)
  at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:315)
  at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:344)
  at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java:274
)
  at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:139)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Re: File Upload with Mac IE

Posted by otsuka <t-...@ijk.com>.
I found that the cause is <html:image /> tag.
I replaced <html:image /> with <html:submit />, then
file uploading with Mac IE 5 worked fine.
But I don't know why.