Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Hu <xw...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/03 20:00:10 UTC

DailyRollingFileAppender

Hi,
I have two questions about DailyRollingFileAppender.
1. The file name is named to filename + <date/time> is
not flexible, The DailyRollingFileAppenderExt insert
the <date/time> before "." is not flexible enough
either. How about if I want the file to be
"/my/log/20020403_error.log"? So, I would like to
ignore the "File" option totally, just use the
DatePattern option as the whole file name, that means
I can set the DatePattern option as
"'/my/log'yyyyMMdd'_error.log'" and it just comes out
as what I want.

2. I am using DailyRollingFileAppender for roll every
day. In computeCheckPeriod(), the type HALF_DAY always
supercede TOP_OF_DAY, so I got type 2. Because in my
area, I got the epoch as "Wed Dec 31 16:00:00 PST
1969", after add 12 hours, it is Jan 1, 1970, so
!r0.equals(r1). Did I miss anything?

Thanks