Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by umashanker <um...@rics.co.jp> on 2001/08/15 06:26:17 UTC

Problem running phoenix

Hi,

I am a newbie to Avalon group.
we are going to develop an stand alone server.

I have downloaded phoenix,cornerstone on 14-08-2001.
Frist, i build phoenix and connerstone. both the build was successfull.

Then start Phoenix from ../phoenix/dist/bin/run.sh

I am getting the Following exception.

[Loaded org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kapi.ServerApplicationEntry]
[Loaded
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder]
There was an uncaught exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXException
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultSarDeployer.<init>(Defa
ultSarDeployer.java:45)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.createDeployer
(DefaultEmbeddor.java:372)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.createComponen
ts(DefaultEmbeddor.java:253)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.initialize(Def
aultEmbeddor.java:129)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:88)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:56)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:54)

i have included xerces.jar in my CLASSPATH.

regards,
umashanker

Re: Problem running phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:26, umashanker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to Avalon group.
> we are going to develop an stand alone server.
>
> I have downloaded phoenix,cornerstone on 14-08-2001.
> Frist, i build phoenix and connerstone. both the build was successfull.
>
> Then start Phoenix from ../phoenix/dist/bin/run.sh
> i have included xerces.jar in my CLASSPATH.

Try placing xerces.jar into phoenix/dist/lib

If that doesn't work then try
cd ../phoenix/dist/bin/
./run.sh

and see if that works.