Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by EE...@thoughtworks.COM on 2000/12/14 17:37:31 UTC

[C2] Classpath loading WebLogic (can I help?)

Hi all,

In Weblogic 5.1, there is no classpath in the ServletContext.getAttributes
() enumeration.  There are two other possibilities of which I know for

The command-line specified classpath (the "weblogic classpath" which, as
the installation guide says, should include "all your application code
(stuff that needs to be able to be redeployable)" ) can be accessed with
System.getProperty("weblogic.class.path").

The context parameter weblogic.httpd.servlet.classpath can be set (I
believe) either in the weblogic.properties startup file, or in the web.xml
file specific to your web app.  One property of the servlet classpath is
that Weblogic (claims to) reload classes found in it automatically whenever
they change.   This parameter (should) be accessible in the
ServletContext.getParameterNames() enumeration.

Any suggestions on which of these is more appropriate?  Any particular
opinions on how this should be integrated into the current
classpath-loading system?

I would like to help with Cocoon2 by getting it running reliably and
cleanly on Weblogic, but I'm not sure what I should do.  If anyone can
provide me with some guidance, I'd be happy to help out.  (I must forwarn,
however: my time is quite constrained already, and I'm also going on
vacation soon.)

Eric