Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2004/07/27 11:26:32 UTC

[J2] Unable to run the PHP portlet

Roger,

I've tried to run the PHP portlet (WindowsXP, Tomcat 4.1.30) by downloading the
dlls as specified in the php-setup.jsp and saved them in the PATH.
When I tried to access the Portlet it won't show up and I get the following
error in jetspeed.log:

2004-07-27 11:18:39,093 [WORKER_5] ERROR
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet - Error rendering portlet
"php-demo": java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no php4 in java.library.path
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no php4 in java.library.path
	at com.itgroundwork.portlet.php.reflect.loadLibrary(reflect.java:38)
	at com.itgroundwork.portlet.php.reflect.<clinit>(reflect.java:33)
	at com.itgroundwork.portlet.php.servlet.init(servlet.java:181)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.php.PHPApplicationPortlet.doView(PHPApplicationPortlet.java:153)
	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)
	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.doGet(JetspeedContainerServlet.java:257)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:575)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:498)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.invoke(ServletPortletInvoker.java:208)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.render(ServletPortletInvoker.java:122)
	at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(PortletContainerImpl.java:103)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContainerWrapper.renderPortlet(JetspeedPortletContainerWrapper.java:88)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJob.run(RenderingJob.java:109)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.Worker.run(Worker.java:142)

I have no experience with setting up PHP (nor with the language, lol) but I did
check the php website for further information concerning configuration
requirements. That didn't help me much. I think I need to define a php.ini
somewhere but don't know where nor what to define in it.

If you could provide a quick tutorial/example setup or pointers where to look
how to do so that would be great.
Note: I have not so much intention to work with PHP but it would be nice to be
able to validate if it is working (and keeps working when I change something in J2).

Regards,

Ate

Re: [J2] Unable to run the PHP portlet

Posted by "rogerrut@apache.org" <ro...@apache.org>.
Make sure that you have both libraries in the path. The error indicates
that the JNI call can't find the dll (php engine).

<SNIP>
<SNIP>

> I have no experience with setting up PHP (nor with the language, lol)
> but I did check the php website for further information concerning
> configuration requirements. That didn't help me much. I think I need
> to define a php.ini somewhere but don't know where nor what to define
> in it.
>
> If you could provide a quick tutorial/example setup or pointers where
> to look how to do so that would be great.
> Note: I have not so much intention to work with PHP but it would be
> nice to be able to validate if it is working (and keeps working when I
> change something in J2).

I have a document describing how to integrate a PHP application into a
portlet that includes the system setup.
I'll commit the document as soon as I'm back in the office (mid August).