Posted to test-dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2007/10/31 08:22:11 UTC

Re: svn commit: r590575 - in /perl/Apache-Test/trunk: Changes lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm

gozer@apache.org wrote:
> Author: gozer
> Date: Wed Oct 31 00:15:30 2007
> New Revision: 590575

> Log:
> Teach Apache::TestConfig to generate valid PHP comments
> <?php /* */i ?> when generating PHP files from t/conf/*.php.in

Sorry, there was a typo in the commit message, a php comment will
look like:

<?php /* */ ?>

I fixed the log message, btw.

$> svn propedit -r 590575 --revprop svn:log
Set new value for property 'svn:log' on revision 590575

Re: svn commit: r590575 - in /perl/Apache-Test/trunk: Changes lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>> gozer@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: gozer
>>> Date: Wed Oct 31 00:15:30 2007
>>> New Revision: 590575

>>> Log:
>>> Teach Apache::TestConfig to generate valid PHP comments
>>> <?php /* */i ?> when generating PHP files from t/conf/*.php.in
>> Sorry, there was a typo in the commit message, a php comment will
>> look like:
>>
>> <?php /* */ ?>
>
> not all php comments, though, right?

The only reason this is neded is to proprely comment out the generated
warning about this file being autogenerated. It doesn't _need_ to understand
existing comments in the file, just needs to know how to generate a valid comment
block.

>  but I suppose we only care about
> *.in files where we have the entire file to work with...
>
> anyway, are you using the php interface?

Yup, working on a project at $work where we use PHP for the front-end,
and using A::T to drive it is just goodness. Only problem was I needed
a generated PHP config file in t/conf/ with info like @ServerName@, @Port@,
etc.

Re: svn commit: r590575 - in /perl/Apache-Test/trunk: Changes lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> gozer@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: gozer
>> Date: Wed Oct 31 00:15:30 2007
>> New Revision: 590575

>> Log:
>> Teach Apache::TestConfig to generate valid PHP comments
>> <?php /* */i ?> when generating PHP files from t/conf/*.php.in
>
> Sorry, there was a typo in the commit message, a php comment will
> look like:

not all php comments, though, right?  but I suppose we only care about
*.in files where we have the entire file to work with...

anyway, are you using the php interface?

--Geoff