Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Kent, Doug" <do...@eds.com> on 2008/10/23 20:09:42 UTC

Running log4j under TIBCO BusinessWorks

We have coded a logger that is run under the control of the TIBCO
BusinessWorks (BW) engine.  It works fine, except for the fact that
occasionally the BW engine apparently "hijacks" logging events.  The BW
engine uses log4j as well.  How can we ensure that the loggers remain
separate?  We do not use a configuration file.  Here is the code for the
creation of the logger--we construct a new one every time the
application calls the logging process (we found this, and calling
shutdown, helps the behavior of the logger vies a vie interaction with
the BW engine logger.)

PatternLayout pl = new PatternLayout("%m%n");
pl.activateOptions();
logger = Logger.getLogger(this.getClass());
DailyRollingFileAppender drfa = new DailyRollingFileAppender(pl,
LogFile_PathAndName, "'_'yyMMdd'.log'");
logger.addAppender(drfa);
logger.setAdditivity(false);
myLogger.info  (sLogMessage);
LogManager.shutdown();