Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by abhishek reddy <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/21 14:04:53 UTC

javax.naming.NamingException: The repository home D:\repository appears to be in use since the file named .lock is locked by another process.

hi,

For the first time, i can able to access repository successfully.........
second time onwards it is giving the following exception.

*javax.naming.NamingException: The repository home D:\repository appears to
be in use since the file named .lock is locked by another process.*

I have created the Repository and kept it in the application scope.........
and everytime iam accessing the repository in the following manner

*Repository repository = (Repository)
sc.getAttribute("repository");
session=repository.login();

----//code

session.close();

*how to overcome this problem ?
Everytime do i need to remove this lock file manually?
need help regarding

--
Abhishek

Re: javax.naming.NamingException: The repository home D:\repository appears to be in use since the file named .lock is locked by another process.

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

About the repository lock see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RepositoryLock

P.S. Please use the user list for usage questions

Regards,
Thomas