Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Khaled BEN BAHRI <Kh...@it-sudparis.eu> on 2010/05/28 10:06:55 UTC

configuring hadoop

Hi,

I'm a novice at hadoop, and I want to install it on 3 nodes, I try to
configure it by editing core-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml and
mapred-site.xml that the first node is the namenode, the second is the
jobtracker, abd the third is both the datanode and th tasktracker.

My question how can i store data in my system (node 3) ??
And  how can i use it to manipulate this data???

Thanks for any help;

--
Khaled

Re: configuring hadoop

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Khaled:

It's worth reading through
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/cluster_setup.html as it
provides the answers you're looking for. Also, questions like this
should be directed to the common-user@hadoop.apache.org mailing list.
The -dev list for development of Hadoop itself.

Hope this helps!

--
Eric Sammer
phone: +1-917-287-2675