Posted to user@flink.apache.org by sunfulin <su...@163.com> on 2020/02/04 02:02:23 UTC

Flink build-in functions

As far as I can see, the latest flink version does not have a fullfilled support for blink build-in functions. Many date functions and string functions can not be used in Flink. I want to know that when shall we use flink just as to use blink in the same way.

Re: Re: Flink build-in functions

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi sunfulin,

When merging blink, we combed the semantics of all functions at present,
and removed a few functions whose semantics are not clearly defined at
present. "date_format" should be one of the victim.
You can implement your UDF.
And you can create a JIRA to support "date_format" too.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee