Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ohaya <oh...@cox.net> on 2005/07/15 22:51:32 UTC

Where is default logon.jsp for Tomcat Admin webapp?

Hi,

When connecting to the Tomcat Admin webapp, a forms-based login page
appears.  The web.xml for "admin" has a login-config section that
indicates that the login page is "/login.jsp".

However, I've looked all over my hard drive, and especially in the
"admin" directory, and I can't find any such file.

If I change the login-config section to "/jimlogin.jsp", Tomcat seems to
look for "jimlogin.jsp" in the "admin" directory, but does anyone know
where the "default" login.jsp is located?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Where is default logon.jsp for Tomcat Admin webapp?

Posted by ohaya <oh...@cox.net>.
Mark,

As I indicated in my original msg, on my installation of Tomcat
(5.0.27), there is no login.jsp file in that location, or anywhere else
on my hard drive.  And yet, if I leave the <login-config> section of
web.xml to the default, which is "login.jsp", everything STILL seems to
work.  I've checked for hidden files, etc., but login.jsp just isn't
there.  That is why I'm asking my question...

Jim

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.