Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2015/03/16 22:22:55 UTC

Re: Brooklyn not in http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.htmlhttps://projects-new.apache.org/

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 7:34 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com> wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>> I think in reality, we care far, far less about the tool itself than we do about the deployment and management of it.
>>

> This is true, to a degree.
> What we don't want to do is to write something ourselves and then
> having the long term maintenance burden. The allure of Syncope is that
> there is a community of folks building and maintaining the software.
> The less we have to maintain the better.

I can see this point.  My thinking is that our processes are pretty short and simple and Syncope with its workflow may be overkill.  I think it’s way more important to identify our data files that we need to manage and present a coherent REST API for tooling and websites such as whimsy, projects-new.apache.org, and panopticon.

Anyway, I just want to get this done, as well as the REST API for EZMLM, so I can get back to my stalled panopticon project.

Regards,
Alan